All affinity constants or in the order of 5.108 M-1 to 7.109 M-1
Some of the indicated ratios are based on a limited number of experiments and are therefore only indicative.
(2) ND: Not determined.
(3) See also Debrock S et al. Biochim Biophys Acta 1337, 257-266, 1997.
(4) S: induction of substrate form
L: accelerated conversion to the latent form
NR: Generation of a non-reactive form (not further investigated whether this non-reactive form is the latent form or is reactive-site blocked by the antibody)
(5) See also Verhamme I et al. J Biol Chem 274, 17511-17517, 1999.
(6) ‘thIs5A’: residues R300, Q303, and D305; + contribution from hC and hI; see also Naessens D et al. J.Thromb.Hemostasis. 1, 1028-1033, 2003
‘hF’: residues E128-R131 and K154; see also Bijnens AP et al. J.Biol. Chem 275, 6375-6380, 2000
‘ts3BhG and RCL’; see also Bijnens et al. J Biol Chem 276, 44912-44918, 2001
‘E212/E220’; see also Ngo TH et al. J Biol Chem 276, 26243-26248, 2001
‘K88/D89/K176/H229’; see also Naessens et al. Thromb Haemost 90, 52-58, 2003.
(7) Cross-reactivity evaluated on ELISA using coated recombinant antigen (human (hu), monkey C. aethiops (Cae), rat (rat), murine (mu), rabbit (rab), porcine (PO)).
In some cases, it has been observed that a negative outcome in this essay does not a priori exclude binding in the soluble phase (as evidenced in an assay evaluating the inhibition of PAI-1 activity in solution)
(8) Concomitant to neutralization of PAI-1 activity, this antibody induces an increased vitronectin binding of PAI-1, also resulting in a decreased cell migration. See also Ngo TH et al. J Biol Chem 276, 26243-26248, 2001
(a) Berry CN et al. Br J Pharmacology 125, 29-34, 1998.
(b) Rupin A et al. Abstract 1021 at ISTH Congress in Washington DC (August 1999), Thromb Hemostasis 82 (1999). Rupin A et al Thromb Haemost 86,1528-1531,2001
(c) Ngo TH et al. Fibrinolysis & Proteolysis 12, 335-339, 1998.
(d) Montes R et al. Thromb Haemost 84, 65-70, 2000.
(e) Schoots IG et al. Thromb Haemost 91, 497-505, 2004.
Isotype of MA-8H9D4 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-33H1F7 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-55F4C12 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-33B8 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-35A5 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-56A7C10 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-124K1 IgG1(kappa)
Isotype of MA-31C9 IgG1(kappa) Control non-inhibitory antibody, reacts only with human PAI-1, not with murine, rat nor rabbit, very low (if any) with porcine
Isotype of MA-32K3 IgG1(kappa) Control non-inhibitory antibody, reacts only with rat PAI-1, not with human, porcine, murine nor rabbit
Isotype of MA-14D5 IgG1(kappa) Antibody detecting a neo-epitope in complexed PAI-1